|First Episode Appearance||Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie|
|Voice Actor||Tim Hodge|
Khalil is a minor character in VeggieTales.
He is a caterpillar who first appears in "Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie" as the dueteragonist. He was a stowaway on Captain Pa's ship and became friends with Jonah. He often has the saying, "It runs very deep in my family." He was quite sad when Jonah had to walk the plank and was eaten by a whale.
Khalil was also eaten, and they both were saved by angels in the belly of a whale. They both were about to be executed in front of King Twistomer, but Jonah said that it isn't nice to slap people with fishes and to be unkind to everybody. Soon Jonah wanted revenge when they were set free, but Khalil said that even though people are mean, God wants us to love everybody, and he left Jonah.
Khalil has an Indian accent. He is a blue caterpillar who grows a black mustache and eyebrows. In the movie "Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie," Khalil wears a red turban and a dark red vest.
ROLES AND APPEARANCE
- Himself and The Tow Truck Driver in "Jonah: A Veggietales Movie"
- Doctor in "Belly Button on The Ballad of Little Joe"
- Cricket in "Pistachio: The Boy That Woodn't"
- Himself in "Bubble Rap" on Robin Good and His Not-so-Merry Men"
- Stix in "Celery Night Fever"
- Tim Hodge's portrayal of Khalil got him nominated for an Annie Award for Voice Acting in a Feature Production in 2002, but lost to Daveigh Chase who voiced Lilo in the 2002 Disney film "Lilo & Stitch".
- Due to his ethnicity, an online review for "Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie" went as far as pointing out the fact that Khalil's involvement in the film was written prior to 9/11.